Third Call for papers for IMCW 2018 is out!
Last date to send all types of extended abstracts and proposals: Extended until February 1, 2018
IMCW2018: The “8th International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World” will take place in Ankara, Turkey from November 1-3, 2018. It is organized by the Department of Information Management of Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey.
The main theme of the Symposium is “Post-truth and Information Management”.
The Oxford Dictionary’s selection of the term “Post-truth” as the word of the year in 2016 puts forward the need of questioning the accuracy of the information. Post-truth is defined as “relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief” and can be effective in information dissemination processes, information seeking behaviors of individuals, production and use of information. Information management discipline has a very important function in terms of raising awareness of individuals for distinguishing the fake information and facts. For this reason, it is extremely important that the concept of “Post-truth” and its influences be discussed within the framework of the Information Management discipline and by its professionals.
Contributions can be theoretical as well as technical and practical. Informative case studies are also welcome. Contributions are not limited with the main theme: all types of papers, posters and presentations on information management in general are also welcome. The audience will be information professionals, data librarians, data curators, data managers, knowledge managers, researchers, information scientists, data scientists and computer engineers, among others.
We accept extended abstracts (no less than 750 words) for full papers; short communications, Research in Progress reports, and posters on all aspects of Post-truth and also information management. Extended abstracts for student papers and posters are also welcome. Extended abstracts of PhD students to present the interim findings of their ongoing research will also be considered. Please use the template available on the Symposium web site soon to prepare your contributions and send them to us using the Conference Management Software (openconf) by 1 February, 2018.
We also encourage session proposals. The coordinator of a special session will be responsible for the selection of papers (4-6 papers) and will chair the session. For session coordinators, registration fee will be waived.
Accepted extended abstracts and proposals will appear in the “Book of Abstracts” to be published prior to the Symposium. Accepted extended abstracts may be developed as full papers. A short list of papers will be selected so that the revised and extended versions of these papers and posters will appear in the proceedings book.
Registration pages will be available on April, 2018. Registration fee is $100. It includes the participation for all IMCW 2018 sessions, proceedings, and the conference package.
Main topics of the Symposium are as follows but all types of papers, posters and presentations on information management in general are also welcome:
- Post-truth and Information Management
- Recent Developments in Information Management and Innovative Services
- Records and Archive Management
- Organization of Information and Description of Sources
- Information Management Training
- User Studies
- Preservation of Cultural Heritage and Digitization
- Enterprise Content Management
- Management of Information Centers
- Information Management in Museums
- Lifelong Learning, Information Literacy and other Literacies
- Data Management
- Open Data, Open Science
- Open Access and Institutional Repositories
- Theoritical Perspectives in Information Management
- Professional Ethics
- Information Law
- Information Privacy
- Information Policy
- Information Economy
- Information Society
- Consortiums in Information Management
- New Technologies in Information Management
- E-government Applications
- Digital Divide
- Green Libraries and Sustainability
- Scholarly Communication
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Information Systems
- Electronic Records Management Practices/Applications
- Information Retrieval
- Information Architecture
- Human-computer Interaction and Usability
- User Experience
- Geographical Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- First Call: July 2017
- Second Call: September 2017
- Third Call: December 2017
- Last date to send all types of extended abstracts and proposals: Extended until February 1, 2018
- Authors notification: March, 2018
- Submission of extended abstracts in final form: April 2018
- Registration starts: April 2018
- Submission of full papers (if desired): July 2018
- Notification of acceptance of full papers: November 2018
- Submission of full papers in final form: December 2018
- Symposium: November 1-3, 2018
All suggestions and comments are welcome. Please send us your ideas about possible invited speakers at email@example.com.
Bülent Yılmaz and Özgür Külcü, General Co-chairs
Department of Information Management
06800 Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
Phone: +90 312 297 82 00
Fax: +90 312 299 20 14
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com